You might have attended a couple of weddings of your college colleagues last summer; however, more and more of us millennials are kind of avoiding and postponing the idea of marriage. Men and women alike seem to have other priorities and goals than getting wed-locked.
The obsession of getting married preferably as early as possible doesn’t exist in our generations, and the older ones just don’t get it yet. We can’t help but smile politely and forcibly when we are always asked when we are planning to settle down; “hanfr7 beko emta?” they always say.
So, here is to every “Tant” who still believes that the ultimate happiness only found in marriage, we have 4 reasons why we don’t really care about marriage:
In the 21st century, little girls are still taught to grow up aspiring to be housewives; instead of looking for making something out of themselves, they are told to get a husband as soon as possible. Right now, we are old enough to realize that be successful is focusing on yourself and working as hard as you can to reach your career goals. Marriage don’t make you a successful person, your achievements do.
Travelling the World:
We are no longer waiting to get married to make our wishes come true, we do know that waiting till marriage to do the things we want is a myth. Some of us realized that they are capable of making our wishes coming true by being strong, independent and working as hard as we can. We are too busy saving money and planning our next trips around the globe.
Figuring out who you are:
Relationships is a hard work, it needs two mature compatible partners. In order to maintain a healthy marriage, you need to figure out who you are first. We have realized that being lost or not have an idea who we really don’t really qualify us to build a family.
Yup, that is a 100% legit reason! Something about commitment makes us want to flee away. We would rather run free instead of being tied down to one person forever, the idea just sound re
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
Manga Company Collaborates with NEOM For Saudi Animation Series
‘Winter is Around You’ Campaign Sheds the Light on the Kingdom’s Desert Life
Saudi Health Officials Are Hopeful As Number of Cases Decline and Vaccines Are Underway!
Saudi Rania Nashar Makes it to Forbes’ List of The World’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women”
Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University Jumped 59 Places in Global Rankings
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Travel2 months ago
Saudi Arabia Ranked 6th Safest Travel Destinations in World During Pandemic
Events2 months ago
Oasis Riyadh: A 3-Month Long Event Worth of Fun Activities & More to Kick Off!
Lifestyle2 months ago
Saudi Arabia Made it to the Top of List for Safest G20 Countries
Travel2 months ago
See AlUla Through the Lens of Young Photographers in CaptureAlUla Photo Competition