Did the definition of man changed by the year 2018? What do you say?
I asked my followers on Facebook “most of them are males”, a simple innocent question: where did men go in 2018? Yes, as you guessed, they washed me with hilarious comments like : “Where did women go? Egyptian men are great and rocking , women from all over the world go crazy for Egyptian men.” etc.
I was only asking about Real men! You know, the caring, hardworking gentlemen. The ones who say something and actually do it , then, they bear the consequences.
Do qualities like being honest, respectful, reaching out for the woman, and protecting her vanish?
” El Ragel may3eboosh Ela Gebo”
I’m done with all ” independent woman” thing. I know it for sure, if I have to pay for a guy’s food or drink , something happens. He cannot stand for the title “Man” anymore. Maybe once in a while, in special occasion like his birthday, you can pay the bill. Worst case, if he is going through sudden financial crisis and you have been together for more than three years. But when the situation is like you are taking care of all money issues, or worse, if he forces you to pay his bills, then this is no man. Am I exaggerating?!
“Fel Shedda SHedeed, we Fel 2ewwa 2awi”
Where did this man go? The type of a man that will support you to achieve your own personal goals, not his. He will not interfere in your choices. He will not force you to quit the career you want for any stupid reasons. Moreover, he will never push to take another career just because he knows what’s best for you. Only to make sure that you’re working in a “safe” environment – from his point of view of course- or that you will never be more important than him !
” 3annek enty ya Hanem “
Where did this man go? The one who will never let you change car tires , carry your heavy boxes or let you supervise the workers at your house when painting or redecorating the place. This guy who will never meet up with his friends for play station and leave you watching the plumber fixing your sink. This real partner who will join you to the gynecologist appointment rather than watching football match .
” Ghanni Ya Waheed”
Where did this man go? The man who will TALK to you, listen to you. Is there any men left who can still speak after the second date? Someone you can trust to share your darkest secrets with, yet you know he shall never use them against you. A man who keeps his word, does this sentence ring a bell? Does it exist? “A man who keeps his word.”? !
Me and you, female and male, we can be friends but we don’t have to kick each other’s A**.
I can support when you’re in need. But don’t force me to be your ATM machine.
I am a strong female, but I don’t have to bare your insults, or any other form of verbal or physical abuse.
I am an independent mind but I yearn for your manly love
We’re equal in giving and taking but each of us has a role. Please take your role as a man , will you? .
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.