Today we bring to you five of the most useful things that you must do everyday in order to improve your day-to-day life. This won’t radically change your life, but we guarantee it’ll give you the good enough type of everyday life! Here we go!
- Exercise. We all know how important this is, but few people do it consistently. Other than health benefits too numerous to mention, exercise makes you smarter, happier, improves sleep, increases libido and makes you feel better about your body.
- Spend time with people you love. Harvard happiness expert Daniel Gilbert identified this as one of the biggest sources of happiness in our lives. Relationships are worth more than you think (approximately an extra $131,232 a year.) Not feeling socially connected can make you stupider and kill you. Loneliness can lead to heart attack, stroke and diabetes.
- Show gratitude. It will make you happier, improve your relationships, make you a better person, and could make the life of everyone around you slightly better.
- Get good sleep. You can’t cheat yourself on sleep and not have it affect you. Being tired actually makes it harder to be happy. Lack of sleep = more likely to get sick. “Sleeping on it” does improve decision making. Lack of sleep can make you more likely to behave unethically.
- Touch someone. Touching can reduce stress, improve team performance, and help you be persuasive. Hugs make you happier. Sex may help prevent heart attacks and cancer, improve your immune system and extend your life.
Sheikh Mansoor inaugurates revolutionary Sports Medicine and Rehab Centre at Mediclinic Parkview Hospital
His Highness Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Sports Council, officially opened Mediclinic Parkview Hospital’s Sports Medicine and Rehab Centre.
He was accompanied by Ahmed Ali, Executive Director of Mediclinic Middle East and David Jelley, Hospital Director. The state of the art centre, the first under Mediclinic’s new Perform brand for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, is an integrated facility for the treatment of sports injuries, sports performance, musculoskeletal complaints and a full range of rehabilitation therapy.
Ahmed Ali said: “I would like to thank His Highness Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum for his visit and for his continuous support for Mediclinic and its initiatives in the Middle East.”
David Jelley, Hospital Director, Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, said: “While there are existing sports medicine and physiotherapy facilities in Dubai, this is a first of its kind within a hospital environment and on this scale. It truly is a world class service for sports medicine and rehabilitation.”
Some of the unique features of the centre include the state of the art bespoke bio circuit programme which allows for fully customised digital training programmes through the Technogym MyWellness app, a gait analysis lab, force plate analysis and functional screening, the TPI golf assessment, custom bike fitment for cyclists, V02 Max testing and the Alter-G antigravity treadmill for rehabilitation.
“Mediclinic Perform currently houses three internationally respected Sports and Exercise Medicine doctors, multiple sports subspecialists including sports physiotherapists, sports podiatry, chiropractic, sports massage, sports therapy and over 30 physiotherapy and rehabilitation specialists. Almost all patients can benefit from exercise or physical activity and it is our intention to support the UAE’s vision in reducing the chronic disease burden and helping to create a healthier, more active population through services like ours so that our patients can truly perform for life,” said Dr. Alan Kourie, Head of Sports Medicine & Rehab, Mediclinic Middle East.
For more information on Mediclinic Perform’s Sports Medicine and Rehab Centre located at Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, please visit www.mediclinic.ae or call 8001999
Atleir Des’Lumières Paris’s Digital Art Museum
Saudi Rania Nashar Makes it to Forbes’ List of The World’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women”
The Kingdom’s own Rania Nashar has made it to Forbes’ annual list of “The World’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women” and we can’t help but feel so much pride!
Nashar was ranked the 99th in the list that includes prominent names such as Angela Merkel, Kamaala Harris, Melinda Gates, Rihanna, & many other global female trailblazers.
Nashar is the first female to hold the position of CEO CEO of Saudi commercial bank, Samba Financial Group. She also made it to this ranking through her tremendous efforts in implementing changes that empower women of Saudi Arabia, all of which comes as part of the 2030 Vision.
Nashar has exceeded 20 years of experience in the field of commercial banking and has been inspiring young Saudi women to take on the challenge as well and break the glass ceiling and for that, we congratulate her.