Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, many people have been self isolating at home rather than in hospitals in hopes of leaving more room and space for those who truly need intensive medical care.
In Saudi Arabia, 35,000 people are at home self isolating leaving at least two-thirds of them who had either recovered or had ended the quarantine period altogether due to being cleared by professional Health Officials.
On the other hand, roughly 12,000 citizens are asked to remain in quarantine, 9,000 of these people are self isolating in the confinement of their homes and 3,000 citizens are asked to be taken in for quarantine at designated locations.
It was recorded yesterday evening that 355 new cases were found within the Kingdom, leading to a total number of 2,577 that are active cases for the time being. On a wider scale, 3,287 citizens have tested positive since the beginning of the outbreak.
89 people had tested positive in Madinah itself, 45 were found in Jeddah, 78 in Makkah, and lastly 83 in Riyadh. Currently, unfortunately 41 cases have been admitted to intensive care units.
So far, the government as well as the Saudi Health Minister was capable of helping clear over 23,000 COVID-19 cases only through home quarantine. This shows how impressive their medical teams as well as strategies have been this entire time. No wonder foreign expats are content in the Kingdom.
“There are a number of services and applications available for users 24/7; these services are available to provide medical advice through the number 937 or ‘Sehha’ application by medical experts around the clock,” said Health Ministry spokesman, Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly.
For those who want to remain updated on the cases of the Coronavirus in the Kingdom as well as the geographic spread, you could visit http://covid19.moh.gov.sa.
“In response to calls of volunteers, health practitioners and specialists in various areas of support in health volunteering, the Ministry of Health has launched a volunteering platform with approximately 80,000 volunteers signed up so far,” added Dr Mohammed.
Now for those of you who are interested in volunteering and are hoping to participate and help save people, you could sign up here : https://volunteer.srca.org.sa.
A new public health awareness campaign launched by the Saudi Ministry was made in continued effort to raise awareness about the crucial importance of social distancing. The campaign is called “Meter and a Half”
NCA, the National Cyber Security Authority has been warning residents as well as citizens to take notice from messages that are supposedly administered from fake accounts, even if they may be bearing the Ministry of Health’s name by asking people to click on links.
What You Need to Know About This Year’s Hajj’s Procedures & Conditions
The Kingdom just announced that Hajj will be held after all this year for citizens and residents of Saudi Arabia only, here are all the procedures and conditions that the kingdom will follow in performing the Hajj this year.
Saudi Minister of Hajj Muhammad Saleh bin Taher announced during a press conference held on June 23 that precautionary measures and protocols have been set by the Supreme Hajj Committee to organize a safe pilgrimage this year under the supervision of the Saudi Ministry of Health.
He also expressed the Kingdom’s keenness in enabling Muslims to perform Hajj rituals, despite the current outbreak of the coronavirus.
Bin Taher added that Hajj this year will be performed without any overcrowding, assuring that the needed social distance will be maintained in addition to more precautionary measures.
“It may be a thousand pilgrims or slightly more,” the minister said.
Saudi Minister of Health Tawfiq al-Rabiah said that only those under the age of 65 will be allowed to perform Hajj, those who don’t suffer from any chronic diseases.
Rabiah said that all pilgrims will undergo a coronavirus test before entering the holy sites and will stay in a 14-day house quarantine after performing the rituals.
Security personnel, workers at the holy sites, and the health practitioners serving the pilgrims will all have to undergo these tests.
“A hospital has been set up at every site in anticipation of any emergency, in addition to a health center at Mount Arafat,” he said.
Pilgrims will also be accompanied by ambulances and medical personnel as they perform the rites.
Health Minister Salih also affirmed that due to the current threats imposed by the pandemic, no pilgrims from outside the kingdom will be allowed to participate in the Hajj this year.
On the criteria for selecting pilgrims, the Saudi minister of Hajj and Umrah said, “We will coordinate with diplomatic missions to register their pilgrims.”
We wish all pilgrims a safe Hajj and may god watch over them.
The Kingdom Lifted the Curfew Across the Country and Here’s What You Need to Know
Saudi Arabia has lifted the curfew today across the country after an announcement from the Interior Ministry last night.
The curfew will be lifted across the country, including the cities of Makkah and Jeddah where residents were allowed to leave their homes for necessities only.
This will allow economic and commercial activities to operate once again but on the condition that they strictly adhere to precautionary measures, the ministry said.
Not only that, but also the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs has allowed the opening of men’s barbershops and women’s beauty salons.
The ministry is also urging citizens and residents to download both the applications “Tabaud” and “Tawakkalna” in order to receive the latest health instructions about coronavirus.
The ministry also stressed that social distancing measures must be strictly obeyed and that gatherings of more than 50 people are strictly prohibited, the ministry added.
Individuals must wear a mask at all times when they are out in public and those who shall violate any of the preventative measures will be penalized, the ministry warned.
Umrah pilgrimage and visits to holy sites remain suspended.
International flights remain suspended, as well as all travel activities through sea and land entry-exit points, until further notice.
Tabaud App: An App To Alert People About Coronavirus Patients
The Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA) has launched a new application called “Tabaud,” as part of their continuous efforts in limiting the spread of the virus.
The “Tabaud” application works on notifying those who got in contact with people infected with the COVID-19 virus.
The app works by sending camouflaged identifiers data to smart phone users using the same application, which were registered during the contact with infected people with coronavirus.
The application included the date of the infected people devices, but no worries, it goes in accordance with the policies that the two international companies (Google and Apple) devised, for maintaining the full privacy of users.
The app also allows users to receive direct notification in case any registered infected person has been detected, in the aim of requesting direct medical assistance from the Ministry of Health.
According to the health system and its implementing regulations in Saudi Arabia, the Ministry of Health has approved health standards on which the “Tabaud” application has been developed.
We hope that with all the efforts that are being exerted to curb this virus, it will eventually help limit the number of infections and hopefully bring this to an end soon.