What’s so special about bad boys when there’s good and nice boys out there? I still don’t understand the concept of choosing a bad boy over a good and nice one. It’s exactly like choosing mangoes instead of tomatoes but what’s funny is after pealing off the mango’s cover and taking the first bite, the mango turns out to be sour as hell and you start regretting about why didn’t you just eat the perfectly colored tomato.
Girls really don’t know exactly what they want but something most girls could agree on, they always have crushes on the “bad boys”. Whether it’s their charm or the way he treats girls or how he doesn’t really care so girls always go for the wrong guys when in fact, the right guy is waiting patiently for her to notice him.
Obviously, some of the reasons women have romantically pursued bad boys probably have more to do with self-esteem issues and the fact that bad boys, for whatever reason, are usually hot as hell. That said, it’s been scientifically proven that women choose bad boys over nice guys due to a mixture of hormonal, psychological, and evolutionary reasons.
Here’s how biology influences women to pursue bad boys, and why bad boys always seem to get away with being horrible.
- Ovulation Makes Women Think “Hotter” Men Will Make Better Mates Than “Dependable-Looking” Men: Not all women ovulate. If you do ovulate, however, that could be part of why you keep dating bad boys. Even if you’re ambivalent or uninterested in having children, ovulation hormones actually can cause you to mistake bad boys for good fathers. As Live Science reported back in 2014, “Under the hormonal influence of ovulation, women delude themselves into thinking that the sexy bad boys will become devoted partners and better fathers.” After ovulation is over, however, we tend to favor the “nicer” guys once again. Awesome.
- Women Are Drawn To Bad Boys Because Of Their Commitment Issues: narcissistic bad boys are not the commitment type, which makes them the ideal choice for flings. This doesn’t mean all nice guys want to marry every single girl they date, but with bad boys, you pretty much know they’re going to bail at some point. So if you habitually date the non-committal, bad boy type, it might be because you’re not ready for a committed relationship yourself. There’s nothing wrong with being afraid of commitment, if that’s where you’re at. Studies have shown part of the reason why women frequently prefer bad boys over genuinely nice guys is because bad boys seem more exciting and adventurous. As Psychology Today explains, “with respect to short-term mating, women may be drawn to ‘bad boys’, who demonstrate confidence, stubbornness, and risk-taking tendencies.”
- Some Women May Choose Bad Boys Because They Feel Vulnerable To Violent Crime: This is one of those ones that is obviously really problematic and filled with exceptions. But according to recent studies, women who believe themselves to be in greater danger of victimization — even when their likelihood of being victimized isn’t significantly high — tend to prefer “physically formidable and dominant mates” (PPFDM). So for some women, the attraction to bad boys lies in the potential protection they can offer — whether or not the women in question actually need their protection to begin with.
- Probably More Bad Boys That Good Guys: There may be more bad boys in the world than there are nice guys, which makes it easier to accidentally fall in love with one at some point.
- The Lure Of Authority: John Townsend found that, when shown a series of photos, women were quick to say they didn’t find the men dressed in fast-food uniforms attractive, even when the models were good-looking. However, responding to the photo of the least handsome man (wearing a smart jacket, designer watch and described as a doctor), 40 percent of the women said they would happily marry him, and 64 percent were willing to date him.
- It’s An Ego Boost: For some women, having an intimate relationship with someone in a leadership role can be a supreme self-esteem boost.
Now you know what’s the reason behind women always choosing bad boys over good ones but take care girls, they’re not trustworthy but they’re cool and adventurous. There’s something about the bad boys that makes the good girl falls in love.
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
Manga Company Collaborates with NEOM For Saudi Animation Series
‘Winter is Around You’ Campaign Sheds the Light on the Kingdom’s Desert Life
Saudi Health Officials Are Hopeful As Number of Cases Decline and Vaccines Are Underway!
Saudi Rania Nashar Makes it to Forbes’ List of The World’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women”
Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University Jumped 59 Places in Global Rankings
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Now2 months ago
G-20 Leaders Close Riyadh Summit and World Leaders Discuss Efforts in Facing the Pandemic
Travel2 months ago
Saudi Arabia Ranked 6th Safest Travel Destinations in World During Pandemic
Events2 months ago
Red Sea Film Festival to Display Art Work By Late Photographer Safouh Al-Naamani
Events1 month ago
Oasis Riyadh: A 3-Month Long Event Worth of Fun Activities & More to Kick Off!