Valentine’s is around the corner, and the same question pops out every year: What will we do? Whether you’re looking for something out of the box, or some wallet friendly ideas for your partner this year, we got your back. After all, Valentine is all about celebrating these unique emotions that bring two hearts together. Which can be translated in many ways, try these:
Authentic Nile cruse
No, No, I didn’t say a fancy dinner on a five stars boat. I’m talking about the little traditional boats (folouka). Why not sneak away with your beloved away from the city noise and enjoy a romantic Cairo night during a Nile cruse just for the two of you. Maybe you can have a bottle of Champagne and strawberries on board.
Extra points: you don’t need reservation for this kind of boats. However, you can arrange early with the sailor to decorate the boat with roses. And definitely you need to arrange the music list ahead, or have your favorite collection on a flash USB.
If you’re still getting to know each other, or you have been together for few years now, Valentine’s evening could be a great chance to open up and talk more. Why not do so when you’re taking a romantic walk by the Nile (or the beach if applicable). Walking together relieves tension, and helps you to open up and talk freely, which should bring you even closer to each other. It’s also winter time, so why not go local and enjoy some hot hommos drink ( Hommos EL Sham) or some grilled sweet potatoes. Come on, and try something different. Love is all about creating unforgettable memories, isn’t it? You can always pick a flower from a tree or buy her just one flower. You’ll find plenty on people selling flower in the streets on this day.
Plus : this idea is super wallet friendly!
The idea is not very common nowadays, a classic style picnic, though it’s always fresh, unique, and affordable. All you need is a box with a small rug in it, some cold sandwiches (or any finger food you prefer), some drinks, and as many candles as you can get. Spot a nice quite place near the Pyramids or the Azhar park, somewhere in nature. Lay down the rug, lit all the candles (you can arrange them to a heart shape), and invite your lover to a romantic picnic at night where you start by counting the stars.
Bond with nature
Modern cities have huge impact on us; why not drift away back to nature. If you like the idea, try to take it to another level. Hit the road with your beloved to some nature get-away. You can spend the day, or treat yourself for a whole night of nature love. Don’t feel lock up in Cairo, there are different great places an hour drive away from the city. Try Fayom or Ein Sokhna, for example. Pick what suits your budget. You can also try El Hammra eco-lodge. It’s located midway between Cairo and Alexandria in Wadi El Natrun. It’s a great idea to let nature charms do its magic to your hearts on this special day.
Have you thought about Foot massage?
If you’re married, why not relive your own (Se El-Sayyed) version. A foot massage is a fabulous way to pamper someone special. Arrange to have a romantic scene at home. Send the kids off to their grandma. Dim lights (or lots of candles),and good aroma with chilling music (you can get from sound cloud ). After a light dinner, bring a washtub (whatever available at your house, preferably wood or copper); fill it with warm water, and few drops of fragranced oil. Don’t forget to throw some roses on the washtub. Have some towels around. Make sure you’re wearing something naughty and start foot massaging your love. There are many videos online to show you how to do it like a professional.
Extra: if you feel like extravaganza night, you can upgrade your lover to a full body massage session. Just make sure you have enough massage oil and warm fresh towels.
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.