In the year of 2018 there are still brilliant people who believe that they can change their couple’s habits, behaviors, even emotions. That’s why their marriages turn into competition to force their partners to fit into “the” perfect frame they imagine. Your family Vs us becomes a famous arguing issue. If you think your partner is jealous of your family, why not start looking at your marriage life from a different perspective?!
If he/she is not a family person don’t try to change it!
IF you’re all for family gatherings and dedicate a good deal of your time for family activities, then for God’s sake choose someone who like it too. Don’t chose to be in a relation with someone who adores his isolation and have minimal family contact and then try to change him/her.
If you are already married, and this is the case, try to make some balance. Please realize that trying to change your partner’s concept of family gatherings will lead to nothing but BIG Fights.
Balance is the magic word
Hence, we seek balance. If your partner thinks your family is taking too much space of your life, listen to your partner. It’s an indirect cry for more attention. Reschedule your weekly plans to have more private time with your partner and also keep family time in your plans.
Do some effort and think creatively how to spend your private time with your partner exploring new stuff every time. Make it good quality time for both of you, even if you were just staying home together.
Ask your family to respect your privacy.
It’s your right to ask your partner to accompany you to family gatherings. If he/she really hates it, he/she can come for a short time, and then allow him/her to leave early. You can stay longer by yourself and enjoy your family time without torturing your partner.
Explain to your family that your partner is not into big gatherings, and ask them to respect his privacy.
Family bonds aren’t breakable
Before we carry on let’s make one point clear. Always bear in mind that no one should abandon their family for the sake of marriage. Plus it’s hard to happen because this is the family your partner spent his first twenty or thirty years of life with. Together they have strong bonds that is insane to try to break them. Think about embracing them, and what good family-relation qualities your partner can bring into your marriage.
Could it be my fault?!
If you think your partner is too attached to his/her family after marriage, well this means you failed to create a new fulfilling life together, and that’s why they run back to family to make up for it. It’s your fault.
Create a routine
Play it smart. Think wisely how to create a life style for your small family. We all hate routine, but sometimes it can be very useful (also you can break it from time to time). Plan a routine for your life, especially on the weekends. Consider some time for the bigger family, but more time for your small family only. Think of cool things that you can enjoy doing together.
Make new friends together
This takes time and effort to find a matching couple or group of friends both of you enjoy hanging around with. Imagine living together, eating, sleeping, and going out just the two of you, eventually you will run out of words. Everything has been said. That’s why you need a third party to keep the conversation going. It will help you create a life style of your own. Yet again friends can be part of your life, but it doesn’t mean they are the core of it.
Family is and always will be important especially in a country like Egypt, families are overlapping. It’s a blessing to have a permanent source of unconditional love. With all the respect to the bigger family it’s time to focus on your own small family. Spend time, emotions, and effort to grow it big and strong.
Being jealous of your partner’s family aside from being childish, it actually shows that something important is missing in your relationship with your partner. Find out what it is, and try to solve it. Change will happen naturally and eventually, trying to force change may cost you your partner. Be wise, be patient and do your homework to make your relationship better and stronger. More love, attention and listening can be your secret recipe.
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
Saudi Art & Cultural Exhibition Launches in Paris
New Tourism Campaign For Dubai Features Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson And Zoe Saldana
Meet Dania Akeel: Set to Become Saudi’s First Female Rider With an FIA license
Cornerstone-laying Event for Diriyah Gate Project to be held on Wednesday
Imagine Dragons, Alan Walker AND Clean Bendit to Perform in Diriyah
The Kingdom Ranked Among ’10 Global Business Climate Improvers’
Sean Paul to Perform Live in Riyadh this Friday!
All Flights to Be Relocated to the New Jeddah Airport by Next Year
Fashion Futures: The Kingdom’s First Dedicated Event to Fashion
Giorgio Armani Chooses Dubai To Stage His Iconic Cruise 2021 Show
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Lifestyle1 month ago
Women of Saudi Arabia Can Now Join the Military
Now4 weeks ago
The Kingdom Ranked Among ’10 Global Business Climate Improvers’
Entertainment1 month ago
The Kingdom is Getting Its Very Own Version of Coachella!
Fashion2 months ago
Sheikha Hoor Al Qasimi Carries On With the Legacy of Her Late Brother Khalid Al Qasimi