When I meet the right person I don’t want everyone to know about it at first.
I want it to be a part of my life I can quietly tuck away. A part of my life people don’t have to know about. The part of my life I can just have all my own.
I don’t care about being Instagram or Facebook official as long as we are our own definition of what is real.
I don’t need flowers sent to my office that I Snapchat immediately, showing everyone what a good boyfriend he is.
I just need to know he’s good to me and treats me well.
I don’t care if we follow each other on anything at all. Because I won’t need to like something to show I support him and all he does.
I don’t need him to comment on pictures I do post telling me I’m beautiful if that’s something he’s saying every day.
Needing validation through social media shows an insecurity within myself and my relationship.
I don’t need to be texting him every minute of every day. I just need to be confident enough in him and us to know that I’m the only one he wants.
I don’t need a WCW to tell me he cares.
I don’t want social media to tell me what my relationship is.
I don’t need others to define it.
I just need to know it’s real for me.
I don’t need to go pumpkin picking and take some basic picture when honestly I hate pumpkins.
I don’t need some picture by a tree in New York that will take up another picture in someone’s newsfeed.
I don’t want to be those people.
I don’t need some kiss at midnight to prove that the person standing next to me is the one I might want the rest of the year.
I just need their time. I need their attention. I need their effort.
I don’t need some social media accessory to get a few more likes because the memories that matter most are the ones undocumented.
Those times where it’s late at night and I’m telling him things I haven’t even said out loud.
Those times where I love you slips out of my mouth and before I can take it back it’s his to have however he wants it.
Those times when shit hits the fan and he’s the only one who can make it better as I fall apart in his arms.
Those times when I wake up in the darkness and his hand is the one I reach for.
Those times where I wake up late and there’s a note with some inside joke.
Those times where I nervously bring someone home for the first time because I haven’t done that. And he reaches for me telling me it’s okay.
Those time where he can read my body language and knows exactly what to say or do.
When the relationship is real I don’t need some filtered version of how it appears to be.
I don’t need relationship goals or a series of pictures taking everyone along with us. I just need someone real. I need someone honest. I need something raw.
I need to know love is more than what we’ve made it out to be in a generation where the goal is to be in a relationship.
My only goal is to be in the right relationship. A relationship that makes me better. A relationship that makes me more honest. A relationship that pushes me to become the best version of myself.
And when people look at me and say I’ve changed, the only relationship goal I need is someone who has made me change for the better.
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
4 Reasons Why Diriyah Oasis Should Be On Your Wish List
Here Are More Events You Can’t Miss This Riyadh Season
Exhibtion Dedicated to King Faisal to Open In London
Saudi Exhibition in Rome Gets Praised For Showcasing the Kingdom’s Heritage
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants
Messi Thanks Turki Al-Sheikh For His Wonderful Hospitality
Saudi Art & Cultural Exhibition Launches in Paris
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants
Sherine, Assala Nasri and Saber Rebai to Share the Stage Next Week
New Tourism Campaign For Dubai Features Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson And Zoe Saldana
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Now2 months ago
The Kingdom Ranked Among ’10 Global Business Climate Improvers’
Celebs2 months ago
Sean Paul to Perform Live in Riyadh this Friday!
Fashion1 month ago
Fashion Futures: The Kingdom’s First Dedicated Event to Fashion
Travel1 month ago
Saudi Arabia Grants Permanent Residency to Foreigners