Science suggests that we should begin to think of sleeping early as MUST rather than a suggestion or a habit. Here are some of the dangerous outcomes that arise from not sleeping well.
- Sleeping helps you think straight. According to certified neurologists, “sleep deprivation may result in slowed thinking, decreased alertness, and reduced ability to pay attention.
- Sleeping is important for good eyesight. Not getting enough sleep can lead to sight issues. Not getting enough sleep can cause eyelid muscle twitching along with debilitating dry eyes. It can also impact how the optic nerve connects to the brain.
- Sleeping prevents certain heart problems. Sleep deprivation, according to heart cardiologists, is a risk for heart attacks and strokes. This is reached through disruptive blood pressure and sugar metabolism.
- Sleeping maintains healthy weight. Sleep deprivation can cause a person to gain unhealthy weight. This happens when fat is stored in all the wrong places as a result of hunger hormones.
- Sleeping keeps from chronic diseases. Many specialized doctors have reached a consensus on the idea that lack of sleep can lead to greater risk of chronic diseases, in addition to impacting depression.
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants
Restaurants in Saudi Arabia no longer requires one entrance for single men and another for women and families, as the Kingdom scraps its rules on separating between men and women at restaurants.
It is yet another attempt at easing the social restrictions and it’s a huge step indeed, seeing how sex segregation had been enforced for decades in public spaces.
In a tweet announcing the news on Sunday, the ministry of municipalities and rural affairs stated that it was eliminating several requirements for restaurants, including the need for ‘an entrance for bachelors and a separate entrance for families’.
However, It remains unclear whether a restriction on seating inside the restaurants will also be removed.
Women of Saudi Arabia Can Now Join the Military
The foreign ministry has announced that Saudi women can now join the military and serve as private first class, corporal or sergeant. I mean talk about gender equality!
Just when we though easing regulations on Saudi women can’t get any better, the ministry surprises us all with such shocking yet incredible news.
— Foreign Ministry 🇸🇦 (@KSAmofaEN) October 9, 2019
According to Sky News, roles have been opened in Saudi’s land forces, royal navy, royal air forces, royal Saudi air defense forces and medical services for armed forces.
The ministry stated a number of conditions for applicants who are willing to join the army, these conditions are in regard to age, nationality, in addition to the physical and professional competence.
Heba Al Otaiba, director of strategic communications at the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, took it to Twitter to congratulate the Kingdom on such a brave decision.
“Great news. I look forward to watching Saudi Arabia’s women, lead across many industries, including serving in the country’s military.” The tweet read.
Saudi Arabia Launches A Contest For Aspiring Filmmakers With Prizes Up to SR40 million
The Ministry of Culture just announced the launch of a new competition on Sunday entitled ‘Daw‘ which aims to support Saudi films, and also empower aspiring and rising filmmakers.
The competition will be divided into four tracks that include supporting and developing screenwriting and supporting film production and films of Saudi students majoring in film-making at international institutes and universities.
Entries will be evaluated by specialized juries who have experience in choosing winning films projects, and winners will be announced next year in February.
Prizes are up to SR40 million as it is all part of the ministry’s plan of showing tremendous support to Saudi talents majoring in filmmaking by providing such a huge funding platform.
The competition will support young filmmakers in every possible way by providing the needed assistance in producing the films and also creating a production infrastructure and making their career path clear for those interested in different fields of cinema.
Whether you are a filmmaker or a producer, you can participate in the competition online through this link. It just opened yesterday and will remain open till December 29th to give the chance to more people to apply.