Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap chat and other social media platforms have become such an essential part of our daily lives. Today, how we behave on these sites, can make or break our relationships. That is why it’s becoming a constant challenge for every couple to learn the social media etiquette. So, to prevent getting in a fight with your loved one over a post or comment, consider the following rules to put some order. Make social media bring you closer and add to your relation. When a “ like “ or a cute emoji can keep you connected as a happy couple, other actions may do the opposite. Here what you need to know:
1. Relationship status. No question, updating your relationship status must be agreed on mutually. You can simply discuss it together when is the right time to go public about your relationship. If one partner changes his status to “in a relationship”, while the other partner keeps it as “single” this may raise many questions about where you stand as a couple in this relation. Also you should talk it over maturely and try to respect each other’s point of view.
2. Take it easy honey. When in a relationship, what you share together is yours only. You don’t have to share it with the world. You are not Brad and Angelina, even this couple isn’t together anymore, so stop acting like the whole world is dying to catch every detail about your happy couple life. Too much forever in love photos and posts can be a little shabby, plus many times people take as you’re trying to make up for something missing! It’s believed to be healthier for any relationship to maintain some kind of privacy.
3. Don’t post now! Never ever post anything when you’re angry, frustrated, or drunk. Airing your dirty laundry shall only make the situation more complicated. If you are fighting, posting on Facebook, or any other site, can cause irreversible damage to your relation. If you’re dying to tell someone, pick up the phone and talk to your besty.
4.The ex. As mature civilized people it should be okay to still be friends with your ex on social media. However, always put yourself in your partner’s shoes. Will the comments you exchange with your ex hurt your partner or raise jealousy? This is something important to consider. If the table is turned, and you don’t like how your partner is communicating with his/her ex on social media, then you have to make it clear but in person. You should do it cautiously and never comment on their chat in public.
5.Which photo to post? You and your partner share intimate, crazy, and sometimes embarrassing moments. Today a lot of these moments can be captured in photos. But before publishing any photo you should ask for your partner’s permission. You should agree together on what kind of photos and selfies you can share on social media. Respect your partner’s boundaries. Discuss together what photos are within your partner’s comfort level? Should you remove group pictures with your ex in it? What about intimate photos of you and your ex?
6. You’re not the school teacher. Monitoring what your partner post or comment to others is not your right. It’s his/her personality and you should accept the way he/she is. If something bothers you try to nicely give hints about it to your partner. Also faking another account to watch your partner or try to check if your partner is not playing around on social media platforms is childish. It won’t really add to your relationship. In fact, you should invest more on trust between the two of you.
7.Don’t get too social. Adding your partner’s friends to your list can be alright if you want to create a new couple social life . But always make sure that he/she doesn’t get the feeling that you’re invading his/her comfort zone. You should first ask for permission from your partner before adding their friends. At the end your don’t want your partner to get the feeling that you’re flirting with his/her friends too.
Learn when to keep things private and when to share things in public. You don’t have to give a relationship report to the world just so they can validate your happiness. Remember, the golden rule is to keep personal stuff off the internet.
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
4 Reasons Why Diriyah Oasis Should Be On Your Wish List
Here Are More Events You Can’t Miss This Riyadh Season
Exhibtion Dedicated to King Faisal to Open In London
Saudi Exhibition in Rome Gets Praised For Showcasing the Kingdom’s Heritage
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants
Messi Thanks Turki Al-Sheikh For His Wonderful Hospitality
Saudi Art & Cultural Exhibition Launches in Paris
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants
Sherine, Assala Nasri and Saber Rebai to Share the Stage Next Week
New Tourism Campaign For Dubai Features Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson And Zoe Saldana
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Now2 months ago
The Kingdom Ranked Among ’10 Global Business Climate Improvers’
Celebs2 months ago
Sean Paul to Perform Live in Riyadh this Friday!
Fashion1 month ago
Fashion Futures: The Kingdom’s First Dedicated Event to Fashion
Travel1 month ago
Saudi Arabia Grants Permanent Residency to Foreigners