Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.
10 Essentials Of Being In A Good Relationship (with anyone)
Falling in love is natural but keeping the love going requires effort. The early stages of a relationship can feel exciting, lovely, and effortless but trying to retain the swept-away feeling of romance/ friendship involves enduring effort and compromise by both partners. When you have just entered into a relationship/friendship, all you want to know is if you are going to have a good bond with your partner/best friend. So what is the key to a good relationship? Read below.
- Appreciation and respect: Try to give out a foundation of appreciation and respect when you want to establish a good relationship/friendship. Give attention to what your partner/best friend says and does. A happy couple/besties always tries to take the opportunity to say thank you to each other whenever a partner does something thoughtful rather than just pinpointing mistakes.
- Honest: Honesty creates trust. To form a good relationship/friendship with your partner/best friend and to become emotionally connected, all you need to do is to reveal your secrets and factual experiences that you don’t share with some else. It is about telling the truth to your partner/best friend so that he or she can rely on what you say, and understand your words as you try to express them directly. But it doesn’t mean that you need to share things just to hurt them or for the sake of spilling out your guts. Honesty in a relationship or friendship is not to consciously give misinformation.
- Exploring interests: Try to dig into each other’s interests so that you can have a long list of things that you two could enjoy together as best friends or partners.
- Listening: Listen, listen and keep on listening more. The first step to make your bond stronger is to understand your best friend/partner and listen to them without interruption. Nowadays in our overbooked lives, listening is the biggest challenge since we are always lost in our own thoughts.
- Communication: Communication is a crucial factor in any kind of relationship because if you don’t talk to your partner or best friend about how you feel or any certain situation, many things could go wrong and they’ll misunderstand you. If you are hesitating to open up and talk about things to your partner then you don’t have a good relationship/friendship with your partner/best friend. Communication is key.
- Never hold grudges: When someone you love hurts you, learn to forgive than holding grudges. Forgiveness is one of the greatest qualities of a friendship or relationship and if it isn’t there then everything will fall out of pieces.
- Actions speak louder than words: Constantly saying “I love you” is amazing but showing that you actually love your best friend/partner is beyond indescribable. Show them that they actually mean something to you rather than just saying it.
- Be loyal: As much as possible, place your partner/best friend in your life before anyone else. Show them that they’re special unlike any other in your life. Let them know that you can be depended on if something is needed, show them that you care and you’ll always be there for them.
- Never reminisce on the beginning of the relationship/friendship instead of looking to the future: Every relationship/friendship has its highs and lows but thinking of the old times would just make you can’t stand them anymore and you’ll feel that they changed when in fact, they didn’t. The relationship/friendship just started getting into the next level. Always move forward and never look back.
- Accept their flaws/imperfections and insecurities: Never ever point out their flaws. After getting to know them more, you’ll see their flaws and imperfections standing out but always show them affection and love.
Always be there for your partner/best friend and love them unconditionally without expecting anything in return.
First Section For Women in the Military Has Opened
6 Saudi Influencers You Need to Start Following
What You Need to Know About AlUla’s First Interactive Exhibition
7 Ways to Make the Best Out of Your Trip to Taif
Women Will Represent 33% of the G20 Summit attendees in Riyadh
How Riyadh Welcomed 2020 With its First Ever New Year’s Eve Fireworks
30 Mosques Renovated Under Crown Prince’s Plans to ‘Develop Historical Mosques’
Saad Lamjarred and Mohamed Ramadan Teams up For A concert in Dubai
Saudi Movie ‘Irtidad’ Shortlisted For Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival
You Can Now Apply For A Tourist Visa to Dubai Valid For 5 Years!
El Shorfea, your ideal go to restaurant
The artistic side of Dr Mohamed Emad
Range Rovers, and Quality Time With Family. Into The World of A Great Dad
A Closer Look Into Lojain Omran World
The New 500500 ad will leave you in tears
Lifestyle1 month ago
Rania Nashar: The Kingdom’s First CEO Makes it To Forbes’ List of 100 Most Powerful Women
Articles1 month ago
The Kingdom Ranked Among Top 10 in UN’s E-commerce Index
Now1 month ago
Riyadh: Soon to Become the First Digital Capital City in the Arab World
Lifestyle1 month ago
Saudi Arabia Ends Gender Segregation in Restaurants