Dating: going out with someone in whom one is romantically or sexually interested.
Now that we’ve established the definition of dating, I would like to ask the inevitable question, what happened to dating these days? Because Modern dating is confusing me and seriously I do not know anymore what to say or do.
You would think with all these social media platforms and dating apps that finding the one has become either; although it seems like there are plenty of guys/girls to date out there, it is in fact difficult to find someone decent, that you are actually emotionally and sexually attracted to, to date.
To wrap our heads around the concept of modern dating, we have spotted the 4 annoying things about it
Let’s hang out:
This phrase is so confusing beyond limits. It’s very generic and vague that I don’t understand if you are asking me out on a date or you want to get to know me as a friend or where are we going or are we actually hanging out?
Nevertheless, the sender doesn’t really give any information about the kind of hanging out
Give me details, I want to know what we are doing
Netflix and Chill:
When people say Netflix and chill, I take it literally. And I don’t mind to Netflix and chill because I love Netflix; but using it as a secret code for hooking up is just lame. It is a major turn off when someone asks me to Netflix and chill with completely the opposite intentions. How about honesty?
So we’ve been going out for few weeks now, maybe a couple of months; yet, it seems like the person you are seeing is dodging the label question. Here’s my problem, I want to know where we stand so I can move on with my life. If you don’t want exclusivity say it, if you want friends with benefits say it, if you don’t want to see me again, I would also like you to say it. Manipulation, uncertainty and dishonesty are just a waste of my precious time.
Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy partying every now and the; but going to a club is not a date! Seriously, how are we supposed to have a conversation and get to know each other if the music is louder than both of us?
5 Unique Ways To Maintain Long-Distance Relationships
Many people get excited to leave their hometowns and start a new chapter of their lives, but it’s hard to let go of people who shaped your city into a home — that’s right, the start of long distance friendships. Sadly, it is especially hard to maintain your friends back home during college: You’re busy maintaining rigorous classes, working a part-time job, or just figuring your life out in a whole new location. Luckily, here are some fun, convenient options to maintain long distance friendships!
- Snapchat vlogs.
Snapchat is easy to maintain multiple conversations going with sending one video. With a quick Snapchat video with the location attached, you can tell a story about the area or invite to hang out.
- Meme tagging.
Simple meme tagging on Instagram or Facebook can translate to “thinking of you” or “what do you think about this?” to your friend. It can also spark new jokes or reminiscent old memories with these tags.
Sending letters may seem old school but it can be an entertaining, endearing form of friendship appreciation. You can even make a simple letter more exciting by placing a small polaroid.
- Use playlists.
If you want to maintain an unspoken conversation, just maintain a personal playlist on a certain platform with your friend. You can add throwback childhood songs.
- Video chat.
Though it may be more time consuming than other ways to communicate, Facetime or skype call once a month can makeup weeks of no talking. It’s nice to feel transported into a normal conversation through a video phone call.
Tips On Having a Healthy Relationship
Romantic relationships, in all of their complexity, are a fundamental component of our lives. And as the poet Rainer Maria Rilke mused, “there is scarcely anything more difficult than to love one another.” Here are some tips to help maintain a healthy relationships.
- See the best in your partner and in your relationship. Research on perception and attention shows that we see more of what we look for, so if you’re looking for signs of kindness, that’s more likely to stand out to you.
- Have fun. Couples who engage in exciting and enjoyable activities together have greater relationship satisfaction.
- Have good sex. Increasing research is pointing to a great sex life as predicting better relationship satisfaction.
- Have a good relationship with yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is arguably the foundation on which your other relationships are built, and studies are supporting this notion.
5 Things Can Make Your Relationship Fail
There exists an abundance of tips one can give with regards to relationships. Below are several ones that are strikingly significant and hugely impactful.
- Don’t assume. It is very natural to make assumptions about a lot of things in life. But this becomes deadly within the context of a relationship if approached in the wrong way. So instead of making an assumption and acting accordingly, approach the other person and articulate your assumption. An assumption is only validated through a test, and tool for that in a relationship is communication.
- Don’t lie. This should come off as being very obvious. Yet it cannot be stressed enough. The other person naturally develops a standard of moral level. Lying leads to a significant reduction in those levels.
- Don’t build walls. The use of walls here is a figure of speech. Naturally, in any relationship the aim is to connect at various levels. Any action–or in the less obvious sense, inaction–that is not appropriate leads to building walls between you and the other. These walls are not easily broken.
- Don’t be logical. Not everything can be understood. You would be surprised at the amount of things that you may never understand about the other’s way of thinking, or choice of action. Therefore, there are things that you should not attempt to understand; you should rather develop the capacity to accept, with good grace, that it does not have to make sense to you.
- Don’t over-do it. If you want to be good, be very good. If you want to be generous, be very generous. If you want to be patient, be very patient. Over-doing any of these, among other things, leads to the development of misunderstanding. The boundaries of the relationship would get reshaped and the nature of the relationship then is bound to change.